[Phys-seminars] 2011-04-07 Physics Colloquium

physics at bgu.ac.il physics at bgu.ac.il
Thu Mar 31 11:28:44 IST 2011

Physics Colloquium

  DATE: 07-04-2011

  TIME: 3:30pm (Thu)

Conjugated polydiacetylene – a chromatic polymer in biosensing applications

SPEAKER:
Prof. Raz Jelinek , Department of Chemistry
Ben Gurion University

ABSTRACT/COMMENTS:
The seminar will describe our work with polydiacetylene (PDA)
as a platform for biosensing applications.  PDA is a unique polymer
which undergoes both blue-red visible transitions as well as fluorescence
transformation, induced by structural perturbations affecting the conjugated
network. I will summarize studies of PDA systems in different configurations –
Langmuir films and vesicles – and present experiments designed to characterize
the structural transformations leading to the chromatic changes,
as well as sensing applications.