[Phys-seminars] 2017-03-14 Physics Colloquium

ymeir ymeir at bgu.ac.il
Thu Mar 9 11:44:47 IST 2017

Physics Colloquium

 PLACE: Nanotechnology institute building (#51) room 15

TITLE:
Hydrodynamics of one-dimensional particle systems

SPEAKER:
Harald Posch, University of Vienna

ABSTRACT/COMMENTS:
One-dimensional particle systems are known to be anomalous with respect to the dynamics of their hydrodynamic conserved fields and `of their related currents. In a first step, we consider a simple driven diffusive system, the fluctuating Burgers equation, which has only a single conserved density and belongs to the KPZ universality class. We combine mode-coupling theory and exact results by Prordfhofer and Spohn [J. Stat. Phys., vol. 115, 255 (2004)] to derive asymptotic expressions for the time-correlation functions of the related mode and of the corresponding current. In a second step, this model is generalized to full hydrodynamics with three conservation laws and, hence, three modes, two counter-propagating sound modes and one heat mode. Particular emphasis is not only given to the time scaling of the mode-mode correlations but also to the pre-factors of the related current-current correlation functions. The results are compared to extensive computer simulations for two s
 imple fluids with short-range interactions.
Refreshments are served at 14:45.