[Phys-seminars] 2017-04-03 Astrophysics and Cosmology Seminar

ukeshet ukeshet at bgu.ac.il
Sun Apr 2 13:09:46 IDT 2017

Astrophysics and Cosmology Seminar

 PLACE: Nano building, room 217 - NOTE unusual day (tomorrow - Monday) and location

TITLE:
Multi-Wavelength Analysis of Galaxy Clusters

SPEAKER:
Céline Tchernin, Heidelberg University

ABSTRACT/COMMENTS:
I am interested in the multi-wavelength observations of galaxy clusters, namely in the information contained in the gravitational lensing observations, in the thermal Sunyaev-Zel\'dovich (tSZ) effect, in the kinematics of the galaxy members and in the X-ray emission of the cluster. In this talk I will present two studies that are based on the joint multi-wavelength analysis of galaxy clusters. In the first project, I will present a method to jointly reconstruct the gravitational potential of galaxy clusters based on the mentioned multi-wavelength observations and I will show that the cluster potentials individually reconstructed from these different observables carry information on the state of the gas in the cluster. In the second project, I will present a method that combines the tSZ and the X-ray emission of clusters in a way which takes into account the presence of clumps in the cluster. As an illustration, I will apply this method to the cluster Abell 2142 and show the e
 ffects of clumps in the recovered entropy profile of this cluster.