[Phys-seminars] 2017-05-24 Condensed Matter Theory Seminar

smoshe smoshe at bgu.ac.il
Fri May 19 19:52:37 IDT 2017

Condensed Matter Theory Seminar

Superfluidity in Bose-Hubbard circuits

SPEAKER:
Geva Arwas, Ben Gurion University

ABSTRACT/COMMENTS:
In this talk I will present a semiclassical theory for the metastability regime diagram of atomtronic superfluid circuits. Such circuits typically exhibit high-dimensional chaos, and nonlinear resonances that couple the Bogoliubov excitations manifest. Contrary to the expectation, these resonances do not originate from the familiar Beliaev and Landau damping terms. Rather, they are described by a variant of the Cherry Hamiltonian of celestial mechanics. Consequently, we study the induced decay process and its dependence on the number of sites and condensed particles.