[Phys-seminars] 2017-10-30 Particles and Fields Seminar

lublinm lublinm at bgu.ac.il
Mon Oct 23 17:30:23 IDT 2017

Particles and Fields Seminar

Wheeler-DeWitt Quantization of Gravity Models of Unified Dark Energy and Dark Matter

SPEAKER:
Emil Nissimov, Institute for Nuclear Research and Nuclear Energy, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, Sofia, Bulgaria

ABSTRACT/COMMENTS:
First, we describe a new type of gravity-matter models based on the formalism of non-Riemannian space-time volume forms – alternative generally covariant integration measure densities (volume elements) defined in terms of auxiliary antisymmetric tensor gauge fields. Here gravity couples in a non-conventional way to two distinct scalar fields providing a unified Lagrangian action principle description of: (i) the evolution of both “early” and “late” Universe – by the “inflaton” scalar field; (ii) dark energy and dark matter as a unified manifestation of a single material entity - the “darkon” scalar field. A physically very interesting phenomenon occurs when including in addition interactions with the electro-weak model bosonic sector - we obtain a gravity-assisted dynamical generation of electro-weak spontaneous gauge symmetry breaking in the post-inflationary “late” Universe, while the Higgs-like scalar remains massless in the “early” Universe. Ne
 xt, we proceed to the Wheeler-DeWitt minisuperspace quantization of the above models. The “darkon” field plays here the role of cosmological “time”. In particular, we show the absence of cosmological space-time singularities