[Phys-seminars] 2018-03-06 Physics Colloquium

okrichev okrichev at bgu.ac.il
Wed Feb 28 21:23:30 IST 2018

Physics Colloquium

 PLACE: Nanotechnology institute building (#51) room 15

Science with Gravitational Lensing

Adi Zitrin, BGU

Gravitational lensing (GL) is becoming a standard tool in Astronomy. Different regimes of GL, for example, weak-lensing, strong-lensing or micro-lensing, answer to different astrophysical problems ranging from probing the underlying cosmology, to the detection of extrasolar planets. In this talk I will review (some of) the more prominent science with GL - its history, present, and future efforts, as well as key results, mainly with respect to insights on dark matter and on the first galaxies in the universe. I will highlight our contribution to these field.