[Phys-seminars] 2018-03-05 Particles and Fields Seminar

lublinm lublinm at bgu.ac.il
Thu Mar 1 13:46:18 IST 2018

Particles and Fields Seminar

Non-conformal holographic Gauss-Bonnet hydrodynamics

Alex Buchel, Perimeter Institute

We study hydrodynamics of four-dimensional non-conformal holographic plasma with non-equal central charges $c e a$ at the ultraviolet fixed point. We compute the equation of state, the speed of sound waves, transport coefficients (shear and bulk viscosities), and discuss microscopic causality constraints on the transport. We study the role of non-equal central charges on the asymptotic character of the hydrodynamic series for the homogeneous and isotropic expansion of the plasma.