[Phys-seminars] 2018-03-26 Particles and Fields Seminar

katsye katsye at bgu.ac.il
Tue Mar 20 10:03:33 IST 2018

Particles and Fields Seminar

Gravitational wave production via cosmological first order phase transition

SPEAKER:
Masahiro Takimoto, Weizmann Institute

ABSTRACT/COMMENTS:
Gravitational waves can be produced during cosmological first order phase transition in the early universe and may be observed by future space interferometers. Excitingly, planned GW detectors are sensitive to phase transition around TeV-PeV scale and such GWs offer one of the promising tools to prove new physics beyond the standard model. In this talk, I will show basic physics of cosmological first order phase transition paying particular attention to gravitational wave production. Then, I will briefly introduce my recent works related to this topics.