[Phys-seminars] 2018-04-09 Particles and Fields Seminar

katsye katsye at bgu.ac.il
Tue Apr 3 14:30:55 IDT 2018

Particles and Fields Seminar

Lepton Non-Universality and recent excitements in Flavour physics

SPEAKER:
Debjyoti Bardhan, BGU

ABSTRACT/COMMENTS:
While the Standard Model (SM) has so far proved to be extremely robust and no concrete evidence of New Physics (NP) has been found, certain recent measurements relating to B-meson decays have shown tantalising hints of deviation from the SM expectations. In this context, many claims of NP have been made. I will discuss both the neutral and charged current decays of the B-meson, highlighting the different deviations observed, and then describe a model-independent approach to New Physics that we have pursued.