[Phys-seminars] 2018-04-23 Condensed Matter Seminar - reminder

ymeir ymeir at bgu.ac.il
Sun Apr 22 20:10:24 IDT 2018

Condensed Matter Seminar - reminder

Current and noise in 2D topological insulator with a magnetic impurity

SPEAKER:
Igor S. Burmistrov, Landau Institute for Theoretical Physics

ABSTRACT/COMMENTS:
We consider the effects of electron scattering off a quantum magnetic impurity on the current-voltage characteristics of the helical edge of a two-dimensional topological insulator. We compute the backscattering contribution to the current along the edge for a microscopic form of the exchange interaction matrix and arbitrary value of the magnetic impurity spin. We find that the differential conductance is a non-monotonous function of the voltage with several extrema. We discuss the effects of the local anisotropy on the current-voltage characteristics. Also we present the result for the full counting statistics of the backscattering current for the case of spin ½.